Ever since I was a young girl, I have always looked forward to my thirties. I'm not really sure why. Maybe it had to do with my naïve nature. Or maybe I was just a moron.
Two weeks ago I celebrated my 32 birthday. Would you like to know how I celebrated? It was really awesome.
Is the suspense killing you?
Are you ready?
With a sinus infection that I guess turned into a nasty cold! I was sick for over a week. For at least five days I thought my head was going to explode, became close friends with a Neti Pot, and was pretty useless.
It's very strange but I think after my past three birthdays I have become sick. After I turned thirty, once a month for three months straight, I threw-up (too much info, I know). After I turned thirty-one I got a bad cold. Now, after turning thirty-two I get a sinus infection.
What's the deal!?! These were supposed to be my best years, at least in my 10 year old mind.
Seriously, isn't this strange?
I have decided to take action. I am going to take a closer look at my diet and make sure that what I am eating is quality food. I use to be a freak about making sure we had our daily requirements of fruits and veggies, how much fat we were eating, and yada yada yada. Not so much now. Don't worry, I am still going to make my goodies but in moderation and with quality ingredients.
Regular exercise is another action I am taking. I used to go to the gym a couple of times a week before we moved. Now, I just exercise my fingers on my laptop. I am not going to buy a gym membership but I am going to start walking the dog daily and doing "The Biggest Loser Workout" video a couple of times a week. It's weird, I haven't gained any weight but my butt and thighs have grown tremendously along with my midsection.
I am not trying to have a pity party right now but this is the most unhealthy I have felt in a long time. My plan is not to lose weight or eat some kind of strange diet, I just want to feel healthy and set a positive example for my son.
Does anyone else feel this way? If you do, let me know and we can encourage each other.
3 comments:
I most definitely can relate with what you are going through! Having Wesley and Jillian so close together left me with too much baby weight and not enough time to spend working on shedding it. Whoever said chasing kids will keep you slim was lying!!
You sound as if you are a few steps ahead of me on the "plan." I am indeed disgusted with how I feel in my clothes, but have not yet been hit with the huge desire to commit to a exercise routine. I've been praying lately for that desire to come and in the meantime, I've been trying to make some healthy substitutions. I'd love to talk more about it with you. Maybe the retreat...
I can definitely relate to needing to start eating better and exercising. Too bad we're not both still in Brenham, we could make the gym together. Looks like we'll have to be virtual gym buddies via your blog and Facebook. Chyrel
Ok Aleesa start grinding the wheat you can acomplish 2 things this way , first your arms will become buff, and then you will be healthy, becaus you will be eating fresh ground wheat, your arms will be fit after you turn, turn, turn, the grinder, love ya
Post a Comment