Friday, November 13, 2009

Finding the Moments

If you know me, then you know I am really good at finding the silver lining in situations or always looking for the positive. Richard likes to call me Pollyanna because of this characteristic.

One thing that I am grateful for since the loss of our baby is that it has made me slow down and really enjoy my time with Matt. Don't get me wrong, I always enjoy my son but since we lost Cookie, it's like God shook me hard and said "Look at what you have!"


The other night I was tucking Matt into bed and he passed out before I was even done singing our song. This may not seem like a big deal but Matt never passes out! I think I laid next to him and just stared for about 5 minutes. He looked so peaceful and sweet. I love watching him sleep because it takes me back to when he was a baby but catching him in the act is almost impossible.


After I had my time with him, I went into the other room and got Rich. We both just sat there, side by side, staring at our son and marveling at the miracle of him. I think I will remember that moment for as long as I live. I know, that sounds kind of dramatic.


I decided to snap a picture of the little guy. The picture is kind of weird because his Christmas lights were the only lights on in the room.


How I love this little boy!!

Matt was sitting next to me while I typed this and saw the picture. He asked what he was doing and grinned from ear to ear when I told him about it. He thought it was "silly" that I watched him sleep and took a picture.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Aleesa,
I thought might be wrong, but I didn't know what. I'm so sorry about the baby. I know there are never words. Much love and many blessings to you guys!
Christy

Anonymous said...

What a precious picture. He is a miracle like his mom.

Suzy J said...

Glad to see you back in the blogging world. Glad to see your humor as well!