Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A few thoughts

I just finished watching Anderson Cooper 360 tonight and am amazed at what I have seen.

Warehouses full of food sitting untouched with starving people all around. Huge machinery waiting to go but standing still because the government will not grant a contract. A four year old living in a homeless tent; his mama is dead and they are searching for his father.

Still no plan in sight.

As I sit here in my dry air-conditioned house, on my comfortable couch, drinking clean water, typing on my laptop, I am overwhelmed when I think about how blessed I am.

When I was camping, I was living better then the people I will see on Saturday.

Even my dog has it better. She is fed twice a day, has water, is loved on, and gets medical attention. As I write, she is sleeping on a comfy couch in the air conditioning.

Does that blow your mind? Our pets have a better life then the majority of people living in Haiti.

No comments: