Bottom line, I've been crazy busy. I think being a part-time-stay-at-home mom is busier then a full time mom or working mom. I still have all the SAHM expectations on me, but not enough time to do it all!!! In case you are wondering what I am doing now, I sub at Matt's school when I can and work three days a week at our church. The only consistency to my schedule is I know I will be busy!
I wanted to share a funny story with you from the other night. Richard had his Christmas concert Tuesday evening. Of course, Matt was thrilled about leaving his Legos and having to sit quietly in a chair for a couple of hours. However, he was a trooper. He had to sit through 2 orchestras and 2 bands before he was able to hear his daddy's. Needless to say, there was a little grumbling and a lot of begging for my iphone.
Occasionally, he would hear something he liked. Those were the best moments for me. It was fun to listen to him "name that tune" (sometimes incorrectly), watch him get excited, or just see him truly enjoy the music.
The moment that took the prize was when Richard started conducting a piece that was a variation on "Carol of the Bells". All the sudden, Matt bolted upright and started grinning from ear to ear. He begins yanking on my sleeve saying " Mom! Mom! It's that commercial!" I'm a little clueless and ask him what commercial. "You know, the lady who sings 'rum tummy tummy' with the cards. The Target one!!"
It took everything I had not to bust out laughing. My 6 year old was thrilled to hear the song that reminded him of the crazy Target lady.
In case you were living under a rock during the Black Friday shopping season, here she is in all her craziness.
1 comment:
I've been MIA for a while to. Only I don't think I have an excuess of being as busy as you. But I wanted to let you know that I feel the same way about posting after being gone... like I have to defend my lack of blogging. But know that, at least for me, I just enjoy reading what you have to say so just jump in and know that I will not judge you :)
Post a Comment