Thursday, March 15, 2012

2 Favorite Dressings

We jumped back on the South Beach eating wagon a couple of weeks ago. Of course, Richard is hardcore and has lost mucho weight. Me, I cheat too much! I think I've dropped a few pounds but have no clue how much.

The main thing I do when I am eating SB, is eat tons of salads and fresh veggies. I'm a dressing snob, the two brands I like are Newman's and Brianna's. Most of all, I LOVE homemade dressing (small group ladies, I swoon when you make homemade dressing)!

Since I haven't posted in like a zillion years, I thought salad dressing was the obvious choice.

Greek Dressing
1/2 c EVOO (or canola oil)
1 1/4 tsp of each:
garlic powder
dried basil
dried oregano
1 tsp of each:
pepper
salt
onion powder
Dijon
2/3 c red wine vinegar

Mix all but vinegar in a jar. Then add vinegar, cover, and shake away. This stores for quite awhile in the fridge.

Ranch Dressing/Dip
1/2 c mayo
1/2 buttermilk
1 Tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 - 1 tsp garlic powder (1 tsp is pretty garlicky)
1/8 tsp of paprika
pinch cayenne

Mix all ingredients. If it is too runny, I will add sour cream or Greek yogurt to thicken.
I have also noticed that real mayo makes a thinner dressing. I usually use light mayo and low fat buttermilk.

If you have a favorite, post a link in my comments. I would love to try a new recipe!


No comments: