Friday, September 7, 2007

Queen of butter

As most of you know, I am a Food Network junkie. I have watched it so much in the past that Matt now recognizes some of the chefs. My top three are Mrs. Paula Dean, Giada, and Ina Garten; however, Paula Dean takes the cake (no pun intended). I have watched her so often that Matt will walk in the room and say "hi Mrs. Paula" if she is on . One day we were at Wal-Mart looking at books, he saw her picture on the new cookbook, Celebrations, and started yelling "Mrs. Paula! Mrs. Paula! I see Mrs. Paula!" It was pretty funny but we did get some looks. I think one of the reasons I like her so much is because she reminds me of my Aunt Betty. My aunt doesn't know a stranger, has quite the sense of humor, and can cook wonderful southern food. With all that being said, I have to share this clip of Paula Dean. Click on the link I have provided, then scroll down the article, and click on "watch Paula and Oprah". If you love Paula Dean then you will love this video and if you don't, you will after watching. http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200702/20070202/slide_20070202_350_205.jhtml

No comments: