My car went in the shop yesterday for a "tune up". That means that I get to drive Richard's truck. Yeah!!! His truck is over ten years old, with way over 100,000 miles, and is very difficult for me to drive. Since his truck is so old, it is very tempermental and unpredictable.
For example, there was a time when it died on me in the drive way and then I couldn't get it started. It was because the steering wheel was in the wrong spot and I had the keyhole turned weird.
Sometimes it just decides it doesn't want to start. Those moments are always very exciting for me.
Today was the best one of all. I was getting on the highway, steadily increasing my speed, when all of a sudden, it made this horrible roaring noise. The fastest I could go was 55 mph. If I tried to go any faster it sounded horrible. I was too afraid to pull over because of my fear of it not starting back. So I continued to drive for about 5 miles at 55mph in a 70. I even jiggled the gear shift thinking maybe that's it.
When I finally got home the engine stunk and I knew I had made a boo-boo. Richard showed up soon after and informed me that I was driving in 2 gear. Apparently his gear shift is loose and he forgot to mention that. It shows you are in D but instead you are in 2.
Bottom line, I think we had the wrong car in the shop.
3 comments:
My favorite is when you hear a sound out of your car, and the hubbie or Dad would ask you to describe it... i never did well with that question, and of course, the car wouldn't make the sound if they took it for a drive.
That's the truth. I can try to explain the problem, then our friend, who works on our trucks, will drive it and it drives perfect. Go figure!m
I miss your writings. You must be really busy this week.
Post a Comment