This morning I was in the car listening to the radio and had one of those moments. You know, the kind where you feel like God is speaking directly to you.
I was listening to a local Christian station and they were previewing an upcoming segment about what makes you the perfect parent for your child. Of course I had thoughts like setting up college savings, preschool, reading stories 24/7, and other "earthly" qualities.
Then the segment aired and the woman said the reason why you are the perfect parent for your child is God chose you for the job. He knew your talents and abilities and chose you to be your child's parent.
As parents, I believe we all have those moments of doubt and question. I know I do. I constantly ask myself what in the world am I doing or doubt my abilities as a mother. Richard and I frequently have conversations about how we are raising Matt and wonder if we are doing a good job. I know there is always room for improvement but it was comforting to hear those words. To know that God chose me to be Matt's mother.
So in case you were wondering, He chose you too!
1 comment:
Hey girl! Praying for your safe evacuation1 I heard the same thing on the radio about why I am the best parent for my children! Isn't our God awesome! We are constantly amazed by our God!
Post a Comment