Thursday, September 4, 2008

Politics

I am not sure I should even go down this road, but here I go.

So last night was the RNC and, unless you are living on the moon, you know that Gov. Sarah Palin spoke. How many of you watched the speech? I did and was blown away.

I am usually not a very "political" person. I have my views and will occasionally antagonize a certain Democrat friend for good fun but, in general, I would not call myself a political junkie. Well, ever since Friday's announcement, that has changed. I find myself listening and reading any information I can about Gov. Palin, the good and the bad. I have been shocked at how personal the attacks have been against her, namely her family and mothering abilities. I am not surprised; the mainstream media is so biased it is unreal. That's a discussion for a whole other day.

Anyways, for the most part, I have been very impressed by what I have seen/heard. I appreciate the fact she is a mother and has conservative social values. I applaud her for standing up to corruption and taking on the establishment. One of the things I most appreciated about her speech last night was when she addressed the parents of special needs children. As most of you know, I was a special ed teacher and it is exciting to think there could be a powerful and high profile advocate for these children and families in Washington.

I am not going to write in great length about this. I just wanted to share a few thoughts.

By the way, just to keep it fair, I did watch the DNC last week. I even made the comment to Richard after it was over that it was pretty exciting and I was not really looking forward to watching the RNC. I figured it was going to be the same old stuff. Thanks Senator Mc Cain, I am glad you proved me wrong.

Bring on the debates!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be so wonderful to have an advocate for special needs children that high up in Washinton. Someone who deals with it everyday and knows how successful those lives can be! Was he not the sweetest looking baby???

Jana S.

Anonymous said...

Im ready to get a yard sign
McCain & Palin, Its nice to think about someone not being contaminated by Washington, I am a big fan of "Princess Sarah"
Karen

Anonymous said...

I thought McCain was pretty crazy for picking her when I first heard his announcement. I didn't know anything about her except that she had 5 kids and thought that he would have chosen someone with more experience. After I watched her speech, I WAS PUMPED! It makes me want to get one of those McCain/Palin bumper stickers to put on my car!