Tuesday night Richard took me on a fabulous date. The whole evening was suppose to be a surprise but I foiled it...oops. He purchased tickets to the Nutcracker ballet but I found them when they arrived in the mail.
We sent Matt to his grandparents for a mini "spoil-cation". Then, we drove into the big city for dinner at a fancy restaurant. Richard had made reservations but when we arrived they did not have power so we walked down to an upscale Mexican restaurant. The food was dynamite! Then we took a romantic walk through the freezing drizzle to the theater :)
The ballet was unreal. The music was wonderful and the sets/costumes were so lavish. I saw the Nutcracker when I lived in Dallas but I thought this was better.
Anyways, just wanted to share my special evening with all and say thanks to my sweet husband for treating me like a princess.
2 comments:
How sweet! I surprised Alex with tickets for his birthday a few years back for the Houston Ballet- Nutcracker. It is beautiful isn't it! Have a wonderful Christmas celebration this month. Tell Matt and Richard we said Hello!
I can't believe you found out. Richard worked hard to keep it a secret. Well, so much for surprises. Thank goodness thats over because I kept wanting to ask you how you liked it. I'm glad you had a good time. I told you I had the best and nicest son-in-law in the world.
m
Post a Comment