For those of you who read yesterday's post I am sure the suspense is killing you. I bet that is all you have thought about. Did they like sloppy lentils?? OK, just kidding. I know you have better things to occupy your mind.
I can only give you a half report because Richard did not eat dinner with us last night. Matt and I ate the sloppy lentils and I thought it was a good recipe. I could see some people having texture issues or mental problems with eating a bun full of beans but other then that it was very good and VERY cheap! The bag of lentils cost around fifty cents and I only used half. Technically, I only spent about twenty five cents on "meat". You can't beat that deal!
Since Richard did not eat with us last night, we are having leftovers tonight. I will give the full report in the morning.
If you decide to try the recipe I think you only need to soak the lentils for about two or three hours. I soaked them for about six (the recipe says overnight) and I think it was too long; they were a little mushy.
No comments:
Post a Comment