Last Friday we celebrated our final MOPS (Mothers' of Preschoolers) meeting of the year. We decided to host The Golden Mommy Awards in order to recognize the talents of all our MOPS moms. Let me stop right here and say we jumped on the corny cruise ship and went all out. We dressed up in formals, had a red carpet, gave out gold-spray painted barbie dolls, and even played awards music when each name was called. There was even valet parking provided by some of the dads. The guys wore these hysterical black tux t-shirts; it was very cute. Overall, it was complete and total cheese and I loved every minute!!

The thing I loved the most was that each mom was recognized for a talent/characteristic. Some were serious like most compassionate, inspirational, responsible, or even organized . A few were lighthearted like most pregnant (this mom was due in 3 days!). It was really cool watching everyone get their award because they seemed genuinely surprised and excited.
The thing I loved the most was that each mom was recognized for a talent/characteristic. Some were serious like most compassionate, inspirational, responsible, or even organized . A few were lighthearted like most pregnant (this mom was due in 3 days!). It was really cool watching everyone get their award because they seemed genuinely surprised and excited.
I received the award for Most Gentle Mom. I had to laugh because that translates to biggest crybaby which is what I almost started doing when they called my name!
I told you we wore formals, the really cool thing was that I wore my high school prom dress from my junior year!! The gym is paying off.
This is our coordinator Dena. She has such a heart for moms and does an amazing job! She received the "Get 'er Done Award". This suits her perfectly because if you need something she is your go-to person. No matter what, Dena will make sure it is done.
I was very glad that my mom was able to join in the festivities. I think it is hard to understand the importance of MOPS if you are not involved. She enjoyed getting to know the other ladies and really saw the value in the organization.
This is my friend and mentor Susan; I love Susan and wish I could adopt her! I first met her on our retreat last year and she kept me in stitches the whole time. She is crazy funny, but has this wonderfully wise and tender side too. She is also going on our mission trip this summer so please keep her in your prayers as well.

I have experienced some pretty difficult times this past year and these women were there for me. I am truly blessed.
1 comment:
Your highschool JUNIOR dress?! Shutup!!!! that is great!!! Way to go domestic godess!
Post a Comment