Tonight I made crock pot pork chops and sauteed broccolini. It was a home run! The boys were all but licking their plates. Since there was some interest on facebook for the recipe, I thought I would share here too.
Pork Chops
In a crock pot:
Layer chops (I used 6), sliced onion, and Lawry's Season Salt.
Cover with about a cup of vegetable broth.
Cook on low until tender. (8 hours for me today)
Broccolini
Crisp 2 pieces of bacon in skillet ( are you surprised I brought bacon in??)
Add one bunch of trimmed brocollin and stir. Cook for about a minute.
Drizzle some EVOO, coarse salt, cracked pepper, and garlic powder. Stir and cook about 5 more minutes.
Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of liquid. (I used broth from pork chops today). Stir and cover.
Cook until desired doneness.
The boys LOVED this meal. It was so flavorful, easy, and cheap. I got the chops on sale and paired with sliced bread. The whole meal might of cost $7. Not bad for a family of 3 with leftovers.
In case you were wondering what the crack broccolini is, this is what it looks like. We prefer it over broccoli. It seems to be milder, tender, and a more versatile version of broccoli. Do you like how I pretend to sound all knowledgeable??

(Oh, by the way Suzy, I can't wait to try to bean dip idea. I love fritos and bean dip! That was a favorite in my childhood home except it was the nasty canned kind. Can you give me any ratios in regards to beans and milk?)
2 comments:
This is like watching the food channel. I will have to try fixing pork chops like that. I'm so glad I taught you healthy cooking. Okay you can get off the floor now from laughing so hard.
This is one of the few things I don't use any kind of measurements. I try to limit the juice from the beans and then just add a little milk. I like cheese, so I tend to put quite a bit in. Sorry I can't be more help on this one...
Post a Comment