Last night Matt and I were playing with Lego's in his room while listening to the radio. We typically listen to KSBJ, a local Christian station. He calls it the Jesus music station. There was a song playing and Matt asked me if that was true. I wasn't even paying attention to the music, so I asked him what he was talking about. He said, "The world is crying out. Can that really happen? How can the world cry out?"
I had to explain to him that it meant people on earth crying out from hurting, not the actual ground. It was an expression. I gave him different examples but I think they were too abstract. Then we talked about the earthquake in Haiti. He has seen so many pictures and heard us talk about it so much that I figured he could understand the point. I tried to explain that when it happened, there were thousands of people crying out to God for help. He understood my point, but then he said something that really surprised me. He said "Well it's good that God talked to you and Daddy's hearts so you could go help them."
Wow. Sometimes I wonder what's going on (if anything other than Lego's and Wii) in his little head and then he says something like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment