Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

That's my new name, busy. I feel like life is flying by at the moment. Is it because the month is short? I'm getting older? Or life is just crazy right now??

Probably all three.

At the beginning of February I started subbing. Hooray! I don't know who is happier: me, Richard, or Matt. Richard is loving the income increase, Matt loves seeing me at his campus, and I just like getting out and using my degree again. Honestly, I thought I was going to just "tolerate" it, but I love subbing.

My biggest obstacle is time management and planning at home. Subbing is so spontaneous. Some days I know ahead of time when I am working and other days, I have been at Wal-Mart and got a call to come in as soon as I could. Needless to say, when I have a day off, I am playing catch up. For example, I just realized this morning that Matt's party is planned for next Sunday and I haven't even thought about invitations! Guess what I spent an hour doing this morning. Now, I have to track down his classmates addresses because you can't send them to school. Boo!

Speaking of Matt, he started t-ball last week. It is amazing how much more mature he is this year at the start of the season. He actually pays attention and doesn't pick the grass, lol. I love watching him and I hope he has a great time this season.

Richard is Richard. He is busy with work. UIL contest coming up and the Spring trip to Disney World is just a couple of weeks away! That is another thing that is sneaking up on us!! Also, Richard is a running fool now. The other day he ran six miles with a friend and he has signed up to run a half marathon at the end of March. It's amazing what running and less caffeine has done for him. He's like a new person.

That's a quick update on our family. I still have a ton of things on my list and need to get to the grocery store. Hope you are all doing well!

No comments: