Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Taking a cue from Oprah

Did you see yesterday's Oprah? It had to do with famous women who are "style makers" and what they cannot live without. Well since I am a famous "style maker", I decided to do my own list.
Here are a few of my favorite things in random order. Keep in mind these are superficial things.

1. My Rao's coffee mug (thanks Karen). I love this mug. I love the way it feels in the morning and if you try to use it, the fight is on. Just ask Richard.
2. Yummy Earth Organic Lollipops. These are a recent find and they taste awesome. They come in cool flavors like pomegranate and mango and use only natural ingredients. Have you ever read the ingredients in a DumDum?
3. Hand sanitizer. Need I say more.
4. My body pillow. Richard hates it and says it takes up the whole bed.
5. Coffee. There are some days when I pretend to be my Mawmaw and brew a cup at two o'clock in the afternoon.
6. Blue Bell ice cream
7. Any Paula Deen cookbook. It's like cooking with your grandmother's recipes.
8. Mary Kay Visibly Fit body lotion. It is a great moisturizer and kept the stretch marks away.
9. Gap curvy jeans. The only jeans I can find that don't gap, no pun intended, at the waist.
10. i-shuffle. This is a great music gizmo and does just what I need without all the bells and whistles. I also love the built in clip.
For the more serious
11. My Bible. Any question I have, the answer can be found inside. (That sounds very Angela from the Office)
12. My camera, photographs, albums, and scrapbooks. I am a picture freak. If I could, every wall in our house would be covered with pictures.

"When the dog bites,
When the bee stings,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad" - The Sound of Music

I hope this gets stuck in your head like it is in mine.

No comments: