Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's Party Time

Well, today was a big day in the Lewis house; we had our first Christmas party! I hosted a party for the mom's bible study group that I participate in. We got started at 9 with fun in the backyard. Kristen, one of the moms, was so sweet and let us use her bounce house. Thanks girl!! The kids had a blast on it, ran around the yard, and played on the swing set. The really great thing about this morning was the fog and dew. By the time we were done outside, everyone had a wet bottom and grassy feet. I wish I would have taken a picture of all the grassy/muddy feet.




After playing outside, we took the kids in, washed up, and had a snack. In the middle of snack, guess who crashed our party...Santa Claus!! The kids were too cute. When Matt opened the door, he stood there a little dazed and then got behind the door and giggled.

Santa was such a good sport. He took pictures and read to the kids.




Santa even let our littlest ones attack him with a crocodile.

The whole experience was pretty funny because after about 5 minutes the kids were like great, Santa is here, so lets go play with toys. They would take turns disappearing in Matt's room and returning with a toy for Santa. Finally, by the end, most of the kids had drifted into his room and Santa was left sitting by himself.

Things got interesting when Santa had to leave because the children wanted to follow him out and look at his sleigh. We pretty much had to block the door.

Overall it was a great morning. I had so much fun and was glad I could share my home with everyone today.

To all my "momfriends": I love you guys and treasure each of your friendships. I love spending time with you and your crazy kids; it is a blast watching them play! I am so thankful that God has blessed me with such a beautiful group of friends. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and can't wait to start back in January!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I had been there. It looked like so much fun. I miss out on all the fun. I wish I could have seen Santa because I have a long wish list for him. I have met a few of the mom's and they are so nice and thanks for loving my daughter and being there for her when I can't be. Hope each of you have a Blessed Christmas.
mom

Partieof6 said...

Thank you so much for having us in your home. We had a blast! Timothy is still telling everyone about his visit with Santa and how his sleigh was on top of Matthew Lewis's house. He was dissapointed he did not get to see him leave. You were so kind to not have said, "The Morrison children kept bringing Santa toy after toy and filled my living room up with them." thanks for being so gentle. Have a good Christmas and get some rest!

Anonymous said...

I am impressed you got the jolly on man there how cool. We took the boys to see the one at Northpark photos coming soon.
Love ya
Jeremy, Kristina, Jadon and Reece