Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Out of this World!!

If you are a peanut butter and jelly fan or if you have kids who are, I have a recipe for you: Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars by Ina Garten. These desert bars are awesome. I found this recipe in the Barefoot Contessa at Home cookbook that my honey gave me for Christmas.

The recipe is super simple and comes together in minutes. You mix up your peanut butter batter, layer half in the bottom of a pan, spread the jelly of your choice, spread the rest of the batter , and sprinkle chopped peanuts on the top. Bake for about an hour and ENJOY! The recipe makes a 13x9 pan but I easily reduced it to make a 9 inch square pan.

These little goodies are highly addictive and over the top with a cold glass of milk. You also feel like you are eating something somewhat healthy because of the nuts, peanut butter, and jelly (just forget about all the butter).

Here is the link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_31589,00.html

Grab a bowl and get mixing!! Let me know what you think. I think you will love them!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had some today and they really are awesome!! It was good seeing you this morning, Aleesa!
K