Thursday, January 3, 2008

Round Two: Christmas at home

This year, we did a first for our family, we spent Christmas day at home. Rich and I both grew up traveling on Christmas day and we have spent every Christmas with either my family or his while married. When we got pregnant, we told everyone that we would spend Christmas at home when Matt was around 2 or 3.

It was a nice change this year. We came home on Christmas Eve, cooked a big pot of Mexican Chicken Soup, and went to church. We spent the next day opening presents, playing, and I cooked a mini version of Christmas dinner. We also had a birthday party for Richie that evening with a cake and sparkling candles that scared Matt.
This is what our living room looked like before Matt woke up.
After about 30 minutes.
Working hard! He tore the paper piece by tiny piece.
Our traditional Christmas morning pose. Happy Birthday Daddy. The cake was awesome. It was a homemade butter cake with chocolate "fudgey" frosting. The frosting was addictive!!












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With little ones Christmas at home is very exciting. Aleesa and Earnie spent Christmas eve and day going from one grandparent's house to the other. So I know how much it means to be home for Christmas.
She is right about the icing on Richard's cake. It is like fudge and very good. I don't usually care for chocolate but I loved that. Thanks for bringing some of it.
Grandma

Anonymous said...

This is a little weird... we bought the exact choo-choo set for Jaycee. She wouldn't let us actually run any of the choo-choos, but loved the car track.