Monday, January 21, 2008

Yummy!!!

Ok. So I don't know if this recipe is yummy, but how could this not taste good?? I found this on The Pioneer Woman Cooks and it is slice and bake cookies with chocolate candy stuck in the center. The possibilities seem endless and I think even Matt could help me make them. Check it out:
http://thepioneerwomancooks.com/2008/01/cookie_dough_and_candy_.html

Also, here is the recipe for the Southwestern Turkey Soup that I made for Christmas Eve. Aunt Betty, I believe this is what you were wanting.
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1673023

Lastly, my final cooking thought for the day. I have found the ultimate grilled cheese for our house. Take your bread of choice and of course, butter the outside. Then spread a thin layer of Dijon mustard on the inside. Layer Havarti, longhorn or sharp cheddar, and a little bit of Parmesan (not that stuff in the can!). Cook it until it is all gooey and oozy. Eat with some pickles and organic tomato soup. Makes a fantastic lunch!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much. that's the recipe I wanted. You're such a good little cook...but you always have been!!!
Love you,
Aunt Betty

Anonymous said...

Thank you Betty I taught her well. Not!!!! She learned (healthy food) on her own and yes you are a good cook Lucy Jane.

Anonymous said...

Dijon...Havarti...Parmesan...on a grilled cheese? Not me, I'm keeping it real, Mercedes style...nothing but 100% American cheese food slices on my grilled cheese sandwich.

Guess who...