The way it works is that there is a junior king and queen (I think an 8 year old) and a senior king and queen (an actual high school senior). There is a junior parade and coronation and a senior parade and coronation. There is also a carnival for about 3 days, a big festival on Saturday with a biergardten (is that how you even spell it??), and a bunch of other hoopla. Basically the whole town shuts down for this celebration.
This year was the 118th Maifest and Matt was asked to participate in the senior Maifest (the king is a band student). So he and his girls Leah and Baillee were snorkelers. Oh that's the other thing, there is a theme and the kids are assigned parts and costumes.
Yeah, I guess I can see why he thought he was at Six Flags. The fence, the grass and random tree, the big power box...
Hope you all have a great weekend and thanks for the encouragement!!
1 comment:
very cute pics! I do like his face on the one with the boat.
K
Post a Comment