Tuesday, June 3, 2008

This is it!

Well, this is it. Today is our last full day in Mayberry. ( That is what I like to call our town because it's like a the real life version: parades, festivals, and public police reports). I am sad but am ready to hit the road. Our house is almost loaded on the U-Haul. We owe the talented and strong Jeff Freeman a huge thanks for helping load!!! At the moment everyone is passed out napping and I should be packing and cleaning the "leftovers" but instead I am here on the Internet.

I want to give all of you who contributed to the cook book a huge thanks!! I love it and of course cried a river when Karla gave it to me. If you haven't had a chance to give a recipe, email one to me. Karla, you are a smart girl! I cannot think of a more perfect gift.
For those of you who were at the party, there is even a recipe titled Chester's Picnic Dogs with a photo (he was a guy who crashed the party and helped himself to thirds and fourths). I wish all of you could see this book because it is wonderful. Needless to say, I love it and all of your sweet comments in it.

Well, I am going to keep this post short and sweet. I need to go and do some work before the munchkin wakes up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will pray for a safe trip! We will miss you guys!!!!!!

Jana S.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to come to Baytown and try out some of those recipes. I am going to miss you sooooooooo much but I really am excited for you.
K

Suzy J said...

My heart breaks with yours on this move. I know it is hard. But it is also rejoicing in hope because I know God is leading you and if He is leading you, then you are in wonderful hands! Just think of all the fun you are going to have getting you new house into your home! I always liked that part....

Anonymous said...

just checking to see if you have found your way through the boxes! hope that things are going well already, and waiting for your next post... whenever that may be!

Partieof6 said...

Over the last few months I have felt distracted, pre-occupied or "whatever" and have really failed at telling you how much you will be missed. You have contributed so much to our moms in our church and our community. So many of them have been so blessed by the great things you have done through the Lord. Thank you so much for all that you do. When it was your last day in "Mayberry" I drove him from VBS thinking about you and how much Brenham is going to miss the Lewis family. I still need to send you a recipe I was such a slacker getting it to Karla. Have a great time unpacking and enjoying your new home. Give Matt a great big hug from us!