Are you wondering how the whole plumbing issue turned out? Did I actually tell the guy the truth?
Yes.
I ate a huge slice of humble pie about two hours ago. (Notice I said two hours and not 24 hours. They ended up coming today instead of yesterday)
Not only did I tell the guy, very hurriedly, what I did when he arrived, but I had to remind him at the end too. When he finished clearing the pipes and I asked what he found, he only said a small clump of roots (uh-oh). So then I am thinking in my head, "Why didn't he find the pad? Do I ask him about it? Don't be stupid Aleesa. Just pretend like it never happened." I decided it wold be even more stupid to not let the guy fix it, so I devised a plan. Before I remind him, I would flush my commode and see how things went.
Not so good, the water was draining slower. I knew I had to say something. Stripping myself of all pride, I remind the guy of what I had done and told him my toilet was not draining properly. Then he asks me about the packaging, color, shape and all that stuff. At this point I'm not really sure what to say. I finally tell him I don't know, I saw something fall out of the trashcan and go down the drain. The end. He goes to take a look and ends up bringing in an auger and clears it out.
The icing on the cake was when I retrieved a garbage sack and held it open for him. That was classy. I have never felt more classy in my entire life. (Of course, at the mention of classy, I am taken back to an Office episode. Anyone else with me?)
So there you go. You are probably wondering how I can type this on the internet for all to see and yet get embarrassed in front of the guy. Let me tell you, there is a difference between typing a blog post and actually looking the guy in the eye and discussing feminine hygiene products.
1 comment:
yOU ARE DEFINATELY YOUR MOTHER'S DAUGHTER. I LOVE TO READ YOUR BLOG. I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO READ THE NEXT EPISODE OF "LIFE WITH ALEESA". YOU KEEP THE HUMOR IN MY LIFE. JUST WHEN I NEED A LAUGH MOST, THERE YOU ARE. LOVE YA!
M
Post a Comment