Today I wanted to link up with Mck Mama's "Not Me Monday" but guess what?! I am not talented enough to copy and paste html script into my post. Ha! It must run in the genes because my mom has serious tech issues too. I'm sure my brother and sister-in-law are shouting a big "Amen" at that. Sorry mom, you know I love you!
You want to know how my Monday started off? Waking up and not being allowed to drink my hot cup of joe and having to give 15 tubes of blood! Did you read that?! FIFTEEN!!! By the end, the girl was having to thump my arm and wiggle the needle around to finish collecting blood. I have never seen so many tubes of blood in my life.
FIFTEEN!!
I might randomly scream fifteen throughout my post because I am still in shock.
Well, my Monday only got better from there. Wait. Pause. It did get better, I went and had my Monday coffee date with my friend Danielle. Thanks Danielle.
OK, so from that point on, it wasn't so great. FIFTEEN!!! I have to cut my coffee time short because I have to meet the roto-rooter guys who are coming between the hours of 10 and 2. (Guess what, it's 3:45 and they are still not here!!) I bet you are wondering why I am having these guys come to my house. Is the suspense killing you?? We have had three, count them, three sewage backups. Nice huh? But not as nice as 15.
We are not really sure what the problem is but are hoping it is not tree roots. We do not normally flush large things down our pipes (except for toothbrushes) until today. This is where my Monday gets even better. I could not have done what I am about to tell you if I would have tried.
I walked into my bathroom to collect the garbage and saw that the toilet needed to be flushed. In the process of flushing the toilet, I dump the garbage into my larger sack. Well, while the water is going down the drain a random personal object that you are not suppose to flush falls out of the garbage and into the toilet. I watch in horror as it swirls around the bowl and goes down the drain. I do not know much about plumbing, but I know that this is not good.
Now, there are these guys coming to clean our pipes out and you know what they are going to find. I also do not want them to think that this is the cause of the backup. Guess what I have to do when they arrive? Tell them.
Now I am not sure which is worse. FIFTEEN or telling some strange man that I accidentally flushed a pad down the commode.
So ladies, which would you rather do? Have FIFTEEN tubes of blood drawn or tell a stranger that is cleaning out your pipes that you normally do not make a habit of flushing pads down the toilet?
4 comments:
oh aleesa, i just love you! 15!!!
K
I would rather tell a stranger that I normally don't flush my pads down the toilet. I would actually say my kids dumped the trash down there as an experiment for school, that the pay they are getting is coming from the kids to teach them a leason! So after all that blood they will be able to tell you whats up? They better! 15 good grief, you better make sure that is ALL for testing and not stock piling their low blood supplies! :-)
I hope that after 15 vials they will be able to tell me something. Even if it is that my cholesterol is too high :) You know, I have no idea why that one word is highlighted in yellow. Has that ever happened ot either of you?
FIFTEEN VIALS OF BLOOD!!!!! THE VAMPIRES WERE HUNGRY. I WILL TAKE THE 15 VIALS OF BLOOD AS MY CHOICE I'M AN OLD HAND AT HAVING BLOOD DRAWN, NOT 15 AT ONE TIME.
M
Post a Comment