I am so excited about tomorrow.
First of all, my mama is coming to stay with us until Saturday. For some unknown reason, Matt thought that if he whined and cried about wanting Grandma now, she would miraculously walk through the door tonight. Sorry kid, not going to happen. She hasn't been here in awhile so we are all looking forward to her visit.
I'm not sure what we are going to do, but I think I see the Olive Garden and an early movie in our future. Should I take her to see the one about Facebook?? LOL. In case you didn't know, my mom is not very tech savvy. I don't even know what is out right now. Any suggestions??
The other thing I am excited about is our dinner guest tomorrow night. My father in law is picking up his friend, Cangey, from the airport tomorrow afternoon. Cangey is a pastor in Haiti who my in laws support and work with. He is going to spend a week with them and speak at some local churches. Wayne and Cangey are going to stop by our house on their way home for dinner.
Cangey has a feeding station in Port au Prince for children. Everyday, I think at least 100 , maybe even close to 200, children come to his feeding station where they are fed not only food but the Gospel as well. Many of these children are true street children with no family and this is the only meal they get. I admire Cangey very much because he could move his family from Haiti and come to America for a "better life". However, he chooses to stay and follow God's calling.
I have been a little nervous about what to cook. I finally decided on chicken spaghetti. Everyone likes chicken spaghetti right??
6 comments:
we saw You Again and liked it. it is definitely a chick flick, but a good one!
Your chicken spaghetti is great so I think that is a perfect choice!
Great meal choice! What a neat opportunity...let us know how it goes.
Gasp!!! You went to Haiti!?! I want to hear more!
I know it is too late, but we saw Legend of the Guardians, the Owls of Ga'hoole. LOVED IT! It was in 3D and just such a visual spectacle. If you get the chance to see it, please do. There was only one battle scene between the good and bad owls that might worry him. The girls were ok with it.
I had a great time! I love The Olive Garden. It was not as good as your chicken spaghetti though. I think maybe Pastor Cange got a smile and good feeling with the dinner and fall decoration, and his blessing was very moving. It is very cute and who else would think to put it in the fireplace instead of the mantel but my very talented daughter?
Ilooooved the movie. It was definately a chick flick but us old hens have fun too. Jamie L was my favorite. But the best time of all was building star wars lego ships with my sweet grandson.
I had fun with his mommie too. M
Post a Comment