
We left for Disney World on Matt's birthday. Not sure if this was a great idea because it set a whole new birthday standard!! Actually, we didn't have a choice because this is when Richard scheduled his spring trip with his students. Matt just lucked out.
Speaking of luck, the picture above is at our hotel. The sweet lady who checked us in made a fuss when she saw Matt's birthday pin and brought balloons and chocolate cake up to our room.

We spent Friday at Magic Kingdom. He cashed in on the birthday and received a pin at the ticket booth. I bought him a pair of Mickey ears and he chose the birthday theme. Smart kid.

First ride of the day, Dumbo. I've been to Disney four times and this was my first time to ride.

I love this picture because it captures the awe that we all experience at Disney. I took this on the Winnie the Poo ride.

BUZZ!!!!!

The funny thing was Matt thought his face looked weird. At first, he wanted to get out of line because he did not like the way he looked. I told him that was not an option and nicely said he would like Buzz's face because we waited a long time :)

Hollywood studios

Matt really got into the Disney pins. This is the first cast member he traded with.

Meeting Mickey :) For some stupid reason I got a little teary.


Stitch!! I have a long story for another day about Matt and Stitch. Let me just say that we rode Stitch's Great Escape in Magic Kingdom and he would not go into another building to ride an attraction for two days! The ride scared the pants off him but at the same time he became obsessed with Stitch. Strange.

Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area. This was amazing!!

I think we spent over an hour at this play area.

Nothing like ice cream Mickey Mouse ears. Yum!!

Lightening and Mater! Their eyes moved back and forth, engines revved, and they talked. Very cool.
Jedi training academy. More pictures and story later.
Finding N.emo at Epcot
We were lucky enough to be there for HGTV Garden show at Epcot. The flowers were AMAZING!!!
It was three days after his birthday and he was still wearing his birthday ears :) He scored that day because they brought him desert at Le Chefs du France and sang Happy Birthday in French.

His first coaster!!! The Hippogriff in Harry Potter land at Universal Islands of Adventure. I wish I would have taken more pictures of this area because it was amazing. I felt like I was walking in a Harry Potter set. The only problem was the crowd!! They actually shut this part of the park down because it reached capacity (at 10am!!) and you had to get a return ticket to enter the area later. The main ride, Harry Potter the Forbidden Journey, was incredible. It is the best ride I have ever been on!!

Riding the log ride with daddy. Notice the drop toward the top of the picture; I think we have a coaster junkie on our hands.

My two wet boys after the log ride :)
No comments:
Post a Comment