Friday, March 18, 2011

The Lego King's 6th Birthday

Matt celebrated his 6th birthday almost two weeks ago. Yes, I am late with pictures but we have been Busy. Busy with a capital B!

Since he is the Lego king, the obvious theme was Legos. We kept the party simple by having it at the park. We are park-party kind of people; 3 of his 6 birthday parties have been at a park. I don't have to worry about a clean house, it is free, and the kids can get as crazy as their parents will let them.

The food and decor was kept simple too: cake, candy, fruit, cheese,crackers, and summer sausage. I made marshmallow pops that looked like Lego heads. I think some of the grown ups were confused by these, but the kids knew what they were. I was going to try to make a Lego brick cake but that started to turn into a disaster. I moved to plan B and just iced a simple cake and used the million Legos that we have for decorations. We made the big 6 for his invitation and used that on the cake as well. The kids went home with pinata candy and little bags of Lego brick candy.

The pictures are in no particular order.












1 comment:

Lesley At Sarita Farms said...

Looks like a great party! I spotted Alden...that is one of Jesse's best friends!!!
Again, you did a great job on the cake and the pops!!!