Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Couple of Sick-Os

Richard and I were BOTH sick yesterday with a stomach bug. He came home from work yesterday morning and was out of commission the rest of the day. I was feeling OK and decided I better get a jump on house work just in case. Is it just me, or does anyone else get panicked when someone gets sick in the house and feels the need to clean as much as you can in case you catch it? I'm glad I did. By 5:30 I knew I was coming down with it too.

Poor Matt, hew was kind of left on his own. I think he ended up eating watermelon, candy, chips and queso, and a biscuit and jelly from the time he got home from school until bed time. By 8, he was asking me about dinner and I zapped him some pizza rolls in the microwave. The dinner of champions. I felt like I was in some kind of bad family sitcom because by the time I was tucking him into bed, I had to run out of his room so I could throw up. Nice huh? Surprisingly, he stayed in bed and went to sleep. While all this was going on, Richard was passed out in the bed recovering from his bout of sickness.

I have decided there should be some kind of law of nature that prevents both parents from getting sick at the same time. Now we are praying that Matt does not catch it.

No comments: