I think I have gained 10 pounds the past two days. How you ask.
Two words.
Homemade tortillas!!!
I have always wanted to try my hand at these but thought they required special tools and, not to mention, lard. Then, on my fairy tale trip to Central Market, I discovered their tortillas. Their tortillas are like carb crack to me! They taste sooo good and are not gooey at all. When I read the ingredient list I was shocked. It was very simple and no lard, just oil!
At this point, I knew I could find a good recipe somewhere in cyber land to feed my carb crack addiction. Central Market is about a 40 minute drive from my house and with the price of gas, I would be broke before I ever got into the store!
Anyways, I did some searching and found this nice little recipe with a handy video. When I get a chance, I need to explore her website because it looks like it has a lot to offer if you love Mexican food.
2 cups of white flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vegetable oil
3/4 cup warm water
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vegetable oil
3/4 cup warm water
I ate 4 of these slathered with butter hot off the stove. I made another batch the next day and used half wheat flour. They turned out perfectly and were healthy right?? Thanks for the suggestion Suzy!
These were so easy to make and really not all that time consuming. The best part is that they taste so much better than store bought and are cheaper. I will warn you, once you start making these you will not stop eating them!!!
1 comment:
I'll have to look at my receipe.. it doesn't call for as much let them rest time. Instead of oil you use crisco (not very healhy. The more you make them the more round they will turn out. Good job!!! And I eat them with butter too!! If you want a nice tasty treat, put some munstard cheese on it.. heat in the microwave if needed. That is YUMMY!! You can always add some avocado to that... maybe even some salsa... That is WONDERFUL!!! :)
Post a Comment