Yes. Yes. I know. He is adorable. His hair is so beautiful and all that stuff but people, he is a little boy! His beautiful hair was sooo long and this picture was taken after I had cut about an inch off above his eyes (that's why it is lopsided :)
Well anyways, we were in Canton and Richard decided that we should take him to a barber and get his hair buzzed. We decided on a buzz because he is hot natured and we thought it would be the easiest. So we went to a barber on Gruncle's recommendation...
Matt was all excited about his trip and had a big pep talk with Gruncle about how he wouldn't cry or throw a fit. We even told him if he was a good boy we would take him to the park and buy him an ice cream.
This might all seem a bit dramatic but you have to understand our Matt. He HATES to get his hair cut!! He has always cried and thrown a fit at the barber shop. Our old barber back in Brenham was a very patient old man with HUGE hands. He was very good with Matt and pretty much put a death grip on his head. His hair never looked fab but he got the job done and made us feel good about the trip.
So back to the story. We took him to this barber, per Gruncle's recommendation, and it seemed like it was going to be a good time.
A good time until it was Matt's turn. He started crying. He was fighting me about sitting on the chair. He screamed at the barber and pushed him away. You have never seen my child throw a fit until you take him for a haircut.
The barber tried to bribe Matt with a package of Reces Peanut butter Cups but that did not matter. He could have cared less.
Finally, after being pushed away again the man stepped back, threw his hands up and said "I can't do this." He hadn't even cut hair yet.
Sadly, this is not one of those moments where I am proud of my behavior. Honestly, I was so mad at my son because I kept thinking why is he still acting like this. Matt and I left the shop immediately while Richard cleaned up the "mess" inside.
Once outside, we both chilled out and I realized how terrified he was. At first, I thought this was some kind of toddler power trip but then I realized (with the help of my hubby) that he was really scared.
We got back in the car and Richard and I agreed that he had to get his hair cut. The decision was made that I would do it and we asked Matt if that was alright. Matt said that was a "good choice". We went to Wal-Mart, bought a set of clippers, and cut his hair on my mom's front porch. He didn't cry and sat pretty still.
Oh well, you live and learn, right?
2 comments:
very cute hair do! you should go into the hair buzzing business in nutria ville.
k
He looks JUST like Rich! And you don't have to feel bad about the beautiful hair... we keep Robert in a buzz cut... we do it ourselves as well... the time will come when we have to shell out the $$ for a "nice" one... BTW: your a wonderful mamma.
Post a Comment