Thursday, July 24, 2008

What Would We Do Without Them

We were able to spend some quality time with Richard's family this weekend. His parents drove in for a short visit on Saturday.

Actually, truth be told, they brought us the rest of our junk we had stored at their house. All I can say is thank goodness they own mini storages! His parents have been very generous in letting us (me) store our dining room furniture, china, and my never ending doll collection for the past five? years. His dad also made this spectacular homemade trailer to haul all of Richard's tools and outdoor things for the move. This trailer consisted of a low-boy, Rich's old truck bed cover as a top, and a bunch of plywood walls. CLASSY! They were nice enough to keep this at their house as well for the past 3 months. I need to find a picture of this thing. When you see it, the Sanford and Son music will immediately start playing in your mind.

Anyways, we went to their house on Sunday and spent the night. Matt of course had a fabulous time. He watched Bob the Builder a zillion times and played with a family friend.

Karen also kept Brody (our new nephew) Monday and that was alot of fun. Matt was all about the baby and taking care of him. At one point he had dumped all of his Dora and Diego toys by Brody (who is 4 months) so he could play with them. I enjoyed getting to change his tiny diapers (I really did) and just watching him; he is such a sweet little guy. We can't wait until we are blessed with another. I know Matt will be a good big brother!

My favorite part of the trip was when I was napping on the couch and I hear Karen say "Oh my God! Wayne get THAT from him!" THAT was a butcher knife stuffed in Matt's pants. Needless to say, Matt was able to slip a butcher knife into his waistband with Nana, Papaw, Daddy, and Mommy all around. That's my boy! I think he should become a Navy Seal because he is very quiet and quick. It is true with Matt, if you don't hear him, you better find him fast!

Other then that not much else to say. Oh, I forgot. His grandparent diet. While at their house he consumed an unknown amount of french fries and had a morning snack of Coke and chocolate cake. But to make it fair, he dines on marshmallows, Frito's, and peanut Mn M's when he is at my mom's. That's what grandparents are for, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, he's a pirate and they always carry knives or swords. Since he couldn't find a sword..... You are right if he is quite, find him fast! I would never feed him anything not good for him and peanut M&M's are THE best, aren't marshmellows healthy? Grandparents always have the best food. Besides, since he carries a knife we have to stay on his good side!
grandma