I have spent today preparing for Edouard's visit. Matt and I went to the Food Town this morning to buy supplies. Where we live, you do not say Food Town but, the Food Town. Since I have never ridden out a tropical storm or hurricane I was not sure what to buy. I bought the basics such as batteries, water, tuna, and chips. However, I also bought things like Italian parsley and fish sauce. Interesting huh? Yes, I do have a plan for these items. Once home, I spent the rest of the day doing laundry, cleaning, and baking.
As of now, we are pretty much done and are watching the weather channel. I am a little nervous about the whole thing but also excited. The things I am worried about most are power outages and fallen trees. I hate the idea of no a/c or my food spoiling in the fridge.
Well, I am exhausted. Hopefully I will be able to blog tomorrow and tell you all about our adventure. I will laugh if this thing completely misses us but it wouldn't be such a bad thing.
2 comments:
thinking of you today... I have images of you eating your organic homemade bread with fish sauce and organic pickles! :)
K
Well I like my list better. I do like your homemade bread, I'll have to try the fish sauce.
m
Post a Comment